Monday 13 September 2010

Synopsis: For my A2 project I have decided to create a romcom, I have chosen this as I prefer watching film trailers to music videos, and I have watched many film trailers and I believe that I can make a better film trailer rather than making a music video. I believe I am playing to my strengths by making a film trailer rather than making a music video, although I do enjoy watching music videos but I believe my strengths lie with making a film trailer. I did at first think of doing a music video and I did originally have a song set up The Beatles 'twist and shout' as that is one of my favourite songs, but I changed my idea as I believed I could make a better romcom rather than a music video. I also enjoy watching film trailers as they're always interesting with different characters, whereas in music videos they usually just have the one main artist. I believe it will be much more exciting to create a film trailer, as it will all be entirely my idea and therefore I can show my true potential. For the task I have decided to create a romcom trailer, as it is my favourite genre of film; and I enjoy romcoms much more than other genre's of film, and I also think romcoms make the best film trailers, as I believe they have the best narratives than other genre's. Also as well as creating a film trailer, I will also create a teaser trailer lasting around 15-30 seconds to reinforce my original trailer, and I will also create two ancillary tasks; a magazine front cover for the film, featuring the film, and also a poster for the film. This is a video of The Beatles 'twist and shout' which would have been the song I would have done if I had produced a music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment