Monday 4 April 2011

Film poster; new version

This is the new version of my film poster, and I changed it due to the feedback from my teacher. I decided to put the male protagonist on the poster, as it represents the genre and the film better, than if it was just my female protagonist on the poster. The image conveys how the film is about their relationship, whereas when it was just her on the poster it did not full convey what the film was about. I have decided to use this image as it looks like they're looking into each others eyes, which is a very romantic thing to do, and therefore represents the genre of the film.

I have moved the title to the bottom of the poster as I felt it looked much more professional there than at the top. The title also makes the poster quite unique, and challenges conventions as not many film posters have the title at the bottom. The font of the title is the same as the old poster, I have kept it pink as it goes with the house style of the cover, and also the trailer, as on the trailer the taglines are pink.

I have put 'sometimes love is not what you think' at the top as it catches your eye, and makes you wonder why. I have placed it at the top to attract my audience, and I have also put it in pink to match the title, and the house style.

I have kept the review on my poster, as most film posters have a review to attract the audience. I have changed the colour to black as I don't want the review to take away from the title and slogan. I have also put the word 'heart' in red to reflect the genre of rom-com, and the typical film syntax of the genre as red represents love.

The actors names are also on the poster, but I have decided to put the female protagonists in pink. I have done this as it links with the title and slogan, therefore subtly conveying that the film is about her, and that she is the main protagonist. The male is in black, as it shows his character to be of less importance than the female characters.

The male protagonist is in a checked shirt, and I have decided to do this as it is the sign of a working class man. This hopefully makes the characters seem quite approachable and down to earth, and therefore make the film seem real, and not an over the top, fake Hollywood film.

I have also decided to keep the rating of 15, as it is appropriate for my film and genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment